Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Call

Yesterday decided to stay home smoking and doing absloutly nothing useful, listening to music and sitting idly tried to read, don't feel like it, tried to watch the tube not intersted, so here I am sitting doing nothing but smoking and sipping on some good old scotch.
Suddenly like in the movies, my cel. rang it was a ringtone I have not heard for a long time that I have almost forgotten that I have, that ringtone meant one thing, this was a long distance call cause the caller is Mummy Dearest.

I starred at the cel. for a while before I picked up after the cold hellos and how you doings and the whole nine yards, she was silent there was something off about her voice I know my mother we might have fallen apart but something grave has happened or about to.
I asked what was wrong and she said that her husband passed away. I was silent, noticed how I said husband cause that person is not my father he is my step father the man my mother decided to marry after my father passed and that we had a long history together that I am not particularly feeling like saying it at the moment.

She then said as I was silent:
Mother: Well, aren't you going to say anything?
Me: Like what?
Mother: Oh come on this man treated you like a son for 7 years and you have nothing to say when I tell you he is dead.
Me: That man never considered me as a son so let's just clear the crap,  as for his death I am sorry that you fee sad about him.
Mother: SORRY THAT I FEEL SAD ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!! You sound like a God damn machine are you using again? You are.. right? I knew this stuff is going to ruin you eventually..
Me: Whatever Mother, let's not go there
Mother: This is a human being you lived with and you don't find it odd that you are not remotely sad he is gone.
Me: No, I don't.

At this point she was crying I could understand her pain and how she felt about him but that does not mean I have to weep for the bastard. Anyhow, she tried pulling herself together and went again.

Mother: So when are you coming?
Me: Coming where?
Mother: Coming where!!!!! Aren't you going to attend the  burial and the funeral service.
Me: No.
Mother:  I can not believe you I feel I do not have a son anymore...... etc

I could give you the entire details for the conversation that lasted 40 minutes but I guess you got how it goes. I do not feel bad that this person is gone no feelings what so ever wether good or bad. He was there now he is gone.
Rest in peace or Rot in Hell, nothing in it for me.

I know this post would sound cryptic to most but had to say it out loud. May be someday I would say the entire story may be not.  Anyhow, Off I go.

3 comments:

  1. I understand you, I would have done the same If I were in your shoes =)

    Am curious to know the entire story thu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice you do?? I am glad I did not sound like an insensitive bastard like I felt as for the whole story guess will tell it one day. you will know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen Angel when it comes to feelings there is no such a thing as should haves or must haves. I am sure you feel down cause you wanted to be with your mum and you were not you should have been with her even if your step father was a bastard as you put it, it is not like he was going to be around now won't he?

    Like Ice I am intrigued to know the whole story but only if you feel like telling we are here to listen :)

    ReplyDelete