Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Home

Oh well Life has been shit, shit and more shit. Just got back, was in the UK visiting the family of course the trip got to me in every single and possible way. Mother just uses every single opportunity to get to me I managed to dodge most of her bullets notice most which means that some managed to get to me and settle right there in my heart right next to the old rusty wounds that healed while still infected and produces puss every once and a while. Nice picture huh.

Anyway I just missed London, the foggy streets, the smoky and crowded pubs, the rusty and broken accents of people just sitting on the bar and cracking time with their non stop completely useless conversation while eating crackers and bothering the freaking life out of the poor barman who just nodes whenever he can.
What I missed most is the beach, the sound of the small rocks on the beach while walking and sitting on the empty benches and watch the sea and the waves come and go. I remember the same sitting which I had before taking my decision to come back to Egypt. This place always is the first witness on the major decisions in my life.

It was a good change though away from my daily routine. I figured I would go during Ramadan but somehow my vacation balance and manager got me to take it a week earlier.
However upon returning to my empty apartment I felt a warm feeling in my heart. I am home, this apartment had been home for some time now. The feeling I could sit there and not talk or do anything or even play statue would not bother anyone. I do not have to be nice and social even polite. I can even play statue if I want like we used to do when we were kids.
I can be my old rough disgusting self.

This is what I missed about it, is that what home should be like?
Beats me

4 comments:

  1. welcome back home....

    there's something about this place despite its shitty-ness that makes u so attached even to how it smells :D

    Happy ramadan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Batabeet: I hear you girl would love to put my hand on why we are so attached but it seems to be so elusive to catch at least for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the post, really! It's very vivid and full of emotions! =)
    I wish one day I can have my own place and enjoy my beloved solitude!

    P.S You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have to tell u some stuff mate first there is no smokein in pubs no longer in london england so i dont know then there is no sea in london its the thames which last time i cheked was a fuckin river so u must went to london ontairo then .

    ReplyDelete