Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Sudden Test

I was sitting in my office drinking my morning coffee when I found a knock on my door there entered one of my regulars / colleagues he looked so edgy with his sloppy clothes, his half shaved beard and his messed up hair. I got out his regular fix and handed it over to him, he paid and turned around to leave when I found him hesitant he seemed like he had something to say. He turned back at me and here is the conversation:

Him: Did you know that they are going to do a random / sudden drug test soon?
Me: Yes I heard about that..
Him: And what are you going to do?
Me: Well I got it covered.
Him: I do not know what to do, I am so busted if I take that test I am going to pop up positive for sure. Do you have any idea when is it going to be?
Me: No, I believe thats where the word sudden comes in.

Me: "I looked at him in silent waiting for him to say whatever he wants to say"
Him: Can you help me out?
Me: How can I do that?
Him: ya3nee you get me covered the same way you do to yourself.

I looked at him his stressed out face, his shaky hands, the circles around his eyes and how he has "I am doing something illegal" practically stamped on his forehead and knew that he can not do it the same way I do, it required cockiness and uncaring both qualities he does not have.

Me: I do not think you can handle it.
Him: Oh but I do not have any other choice If I got busted I am going to loose everything.
he collapsed on the chair and put his head between his hands and I felt bad for him he looked so disparate I slowly said

Me: Listen I can help you out, but you have to promise to get your act together or we are going to be in deep shit.

I knew what I was doing was a bad move but I felt that I have to help the guy but I was worried that if this was busted I am going to jeopardize myself and all my regular customers within the organization.
Him: "His face actually brightened" Yes, I promise you man anything you ask for.

I sighed for a second and started walking him through what will be done. He nodded and we agreed on everything.
Till now it has been three days and no test let's hope that they were just keeping anyone with something to hide on their toes, even if it was the real deal let's hope we pull it through or yours truly is going to be in real shit. 

How can A drug dealer be a softy?? beats the hell out of me!!!

4 comments:

  1. Just out of curiosity how do you pass the test? Isn't it urine test?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess... and then you get with you spare urine from someone who's clean and you practically give them that. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its something around that I would not go into details but they say it is today so keeping fingers crossed Ladies
    Sarah, Yes it is a urine test if it was a blood test we would have been screwed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the drill, I happen to be the clean guy providing the urine in such cases

    ReplyDelete